Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back to the Circle B Bar Reserve

I missed several weeks of going to the Circle B while my camera was at Canon Repair.  I got it back last week so off to see what had changed.  I had read that the Eagles on the sand ridge had a new arrival, now two weeks old so that was my first destination.  The below picture was digiscoped using my Kowa 883 spotting scope and my Canon digital SLR.  With the scope set to 20X and the 1.6 crop factor of the camera this equates to approximately a 1500 mm lens.  You can't get very close to this nest so the quality of the picture is not great but you can clearly see the young eaglet and one of the parents to the left.
 These two sand hill cranes heard a sudden noise and turned in unison to look.

 Red Bellied Woodpecker along Marsh Rabbit Run

 Several River Otters were playing along Alligator Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment