Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Circle B Bar Reserve

We made our normal Sunday morning trip to Circle B this weekend.  As we arrived a pair of eagles landed near the parking area.  We quickly set up and got a few shots before they flew off.  The lighting was poor and in the rush did not get everything set properly so not as sharp as I would like but there is no more majestic bird than the American Bald Eagle.


We then walked along Rabbit Run trail to Wading Bird Way.  Along the way we spotted this Great Blue Heron  surrounded by BurrMerrigold flowers.  Remember to "click" on picture to enlarge.


On the way to Wading Bird Way we were told to be sure to look for the Wigeons.  We spotted them but they were on the east side of the path and some distance from shore, meaning we would be shooting into the sun.  I tried to get the best angle I could but still heavily back lit.


On the west side of the trail I spotted this pair of Northern Shovelers, another first for me.  This was my pick for picture of the day.


Another fun trip to Circle B Bar Reserve.   Thanks for following my blog.  David

No comments:

Post a Comment