Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yellowstone National Park

Last week was Yellowstone's birthday.  At 140 years old it was our first national park.  As most of you know I'll be returning to Yellowstone this summer, again working at the Lake Hotel Front Desk.  I'm looking forward to another summer with old friends, making new friends and of course capturing the beauty of Yellowstone in pictures.  As I begin to plan my trip I wanted to post a few of my favorite pictures from previous summers.

Of course the Bison is the iconic symbol of Yellowstone.  Spring time brings the birth of new "little red dogs".


and this new Mule Deer fawn.


As the snow begins to melt the bears emerge from hibernation.



Days off from the hotel often mean a trip down to Teton Nat'l Park to hike and look for Moose.



And last the lower falls of the Yellowstone River.  On a bright sunny day you may be lucky and see a rainbow in the mist of the falls.


I'll be back out to Circle B this weekend and hopefully find several new Sand Hill Crane Colts that should hatch any day now.

Thanks for visiting,  David

1 comment:

  1. Dave - these are some absolutely beautiful images! Worthy of submission to National Geographic!

    Thanks for sharing them.

    Jim Stewart

    ReplyDelete