Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sand Hill Crane Update

As it turns out I will not be able to work in Yellowstone this summer.  Some last minute issues came up that will need my attention so will be enjoying the heat of summer in Florida this year.  We do still have a trip planned in August to visit Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks.

I visited the Circle Bar B Reserve this morning for the first time in a month.  My goal was to find the Sand Hill Crane family and see how the young colt is doing.  I did find the family below and watched the family feed in the marsh for over an hour.  The colt would be about 6 to 7 weeks old now.

(remember to click any image to enlarge)

ISO 400  f8 @ 250  700mm


ISO 400  f8 @ 250  700mm

This Black-necked Stilt was also in the same area.



As always thanks for visited.   David

No comments:

Post a Comment