Saturday, January 14, 2012

Circle B Bar Reserve, Lakeland, Florida

It has been about a month since posting a blog entry.  Over the holidays I got a new Apple computer and am going through the process of moving all pictures from the PC to the iMac.  I'm also going through a learning curve moving from Photoshop Elements to Apple's Aperture 3.  I have visited the Circle B Reserve a few times but still not seeing the bird numbers of the last few years.  I did hear this morning that white pelicans have returned this week so will check it out tomorrow.  Last week we found this Anhinga trying it's best to consume this fish but just couldn't get it down.  The last picture in the series of four shows what finally happened after about ten minutes.  (remember to click on picture to enlarge)





The Blue Heron swept in, grabbed the fish and immediately swallowed it.

I'm about half way through moving all pictures to the new iMac and maybe half way through the learning curve of this new system.   I did learn this week that I will be returning to Yellowstone for the summer season again working at the Lake Hotel.

Thanks for following my blog.    David

No comments:

Post a Comment