Sunday, January 15, 2012

Circle B Bar Reserve, Lakeland, Florida

It was a chilly 33 degrees at Circle B early this morning with a light frost on the ground.  A low fog hung over the marsh until the sun was well up.  Nothing really new this morning, many egrets, cranes and herons.  I would like to share the following pictures with you taken over the last two weeks at Circle B.
(remember to "click" on a picture to enlarge)

This group of wood storks seemed to be contemplating their next move.


Seems I can never pass up a limpkin wanting to pose for the camera.


This white ibis was in a tree right by the trail.  (did I say I love my 500mm lens)


This red shouldered hawk was looking for his next meal.


This northern shoveler came close enough for some nice photos.  Also have recently seen widgeons, blue wing teals and red head ducks.


And finally as we were leaving this morning this osprey was on the prowl for a meal.



As always, thanks for following my blog.   David

No comments:

Post a Comment