Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Yellowstone

I arrived in Yellowstone yesterday and spent today exploring the Lamar Valley area.  There are almost no cars on the road this early in the season.  Roads over the high passes like Dun Raven and Sylvan are still closed for a few more weeks.  I report to work tomorrow and will be moving to Lake Yellowstone.  We will be in training for ten days and open the Lake Hotel on May 20th.


Found this healthy looking black bear hanging out near Tower Junction.


A group of Big Horn Sheep were along the road just beyond the bridge over the
Yellowstone River. I'm not sure what this ram was eating.


Once the Hotel is open and I'm on a schedule I plan to post an entry each week.  If you would like to receive email notice please go to the blog site and enter your email there.  From there you will receive an email confirmation that you will need to respond to.  I will be posting additional pictures to this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment