Saturday, May 21, 2011

Yellowstone

Another week has passed in Yellowstone.  Training is complete and the Lake Hotel is open for the season.  The snow is quickly melting with temperatures ranging from mornings at 30 to daytime temps near 45 to 50.  I've only had a few photo opportunities this week and will share a few here.  We still do not have wi-fi at the dorm so I haven't loaded any pictures to my main photo website but hope to soon.


This grizzly was seen for  several days near Grizzly Lake between Mammoth and Norris.  He drew quite a crowd of photographers.



These fellow was seen shortly after crossing the Lamar river bridge as you drive out to the Lamar Valley.

Both of these bears were about 150 yds out.  I used my 100-400mm lens fully extended.  Next time I'll try inserting the 1.4x extender to get a little closer.  Until next time, thanks for looking.  David

No comments:

Post a Comment