Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yellowstone Black Bears

One day last week as I was headed north in the park I found (along with about 30 others) three black bears traveling together.  I stayed with them for about two hours and got a few good photos.  The high light of the time was when the large male decided to go for a dip in the shallow pond at the bottom of the hill. 

Black bears come in a varity of colors from almost blond, cinnamon to black.  Of the three bears the larger male was cinnamon colored and the two females black.  This was the only shot I could get with at least two in the frame to show the color variation.


The quality of the next shot is not great due to the distance but click on it to enlarge and look at his feet.  The photographers were all gathered on a hill opposite the hill the bears were on. 



After soaking in the shallow water for several minutes he sits up and shakes the water off like a BIG puppy would.



Remember you can enlarge the picture by "clicking" on it.  I'll be posting more pictures of these bears at my Pbase site over the next few days.  I have pictures for two more blog posts that I will try to complete this week.  (Elk calves, Sand Hill Cranes, Canada Geese, Ruddy Ducks, and possibly more bears)

Until next time, thanks for following my blog, David

No comments:

Post a Comment