Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yellowstone



It has been a good week in Yellowstone with mild temperatures and mostly clear days.  I return to work today after two days off.  Over the two days I traveled up the east side of the park to the Lamar Valley but most wildlife sightings were too far off for photos.  With little to show for my efforts I did stop and shoot this bison resting near the road.  About 3000 bison roam Yellowstone and have become the iconic symbol of the park.  A few more pictures from the past week follow.



This is the same cub as seen in an earlier post when it was on mom's back.  Mom and cub made an appearance for several days near Indian Pond on the East park entrance not far from Fishing Bridge.  I'll continue to pass through there when I have time in hopes of seeing them again.


This big grizzly is the same as earlier posts.  Once again he was on the hill on the approach to Sedge Bay.  I'll never tire of photographing the mightly grizzlies of Yellowstone. 

An internet acquaintance is visiting the park this week with a group from MPEG (Midwest Photo Enthusiasts Group).  You can follow his journey at marksmusings555.blogspot.com

Until next time, Thanks for visiting.  Remember to get a better look at any picture just double click on it.   David

No comments:

Post a Comment