Friday, August 12, 2011

Osprey in the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone

Back in July I posted a few pictures of an Osprey nest perched on a rock pinnacle in the canyon below the lower falls on the Yellowstone River.  I visited again this week and the three chicks are ready to fly.  I expect they will make their maiden voyage this week.  I watched as they were on the edge of the nest exercising their wings expecting one to take the leap any moment. 

Remember you can "click" on a picture to see a larger image.








Only a few more weeks before returning to Florida.  Evening temperatures are getting lower and I found frost on the car this morning. 

Thanks for following my Yellowstone adventure.  David

2 comments:

  1. Woohooo!! Pawpaw come home!! We miss you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great photos! Did the parents adopt you as part of the family? you were really close.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete